For Senior Preparatory School - Grade 4 to 7
The intended outcome is that the curriculum is at the forefront of the work and, as far as possible, student progress should not be negatively impacted.
- Work will be shared via Google Classroom and will involve online lessons via Google Hangouts/Meet and Zoom conferencing. Students will be invited to join the virtual classroom by their subject/class teachers. Classroom Codes can also be accessed on the Reddford House Blue Hills App.
- Students should be online and ready to connect with their subject/class teacher and complete a virtual roll call each morning at normal start time.
- Teachers will record lessons and make them available to students for later review.
- Subject/class teachers will contact parents/guardians about absent students and those who are not completing the work.
Daily timetable for Senior Preparatory students
- Classes will take place ‘live’ as per the normal school timetable.
- Work for each class will be posted for the timetabled lesson via Google Classroom.
- Lessons will commence with a live video feed via Google Hangouts/Meet and Zoom conferencing to:
Connect with students
Recap the learning objectives of the previous lesson(s)
Introduce and explain what will be covered in the day’s lesson
Answer any questions/address any concerns that students might have
Monitor and follow up ‘attendance’
- For all Senior Preparatory School related questions, kindly contact your class/subject teacher.
- Should any matter need to be escalated, please contact a Head of the Preparatory School or the Head of Campus.
Work set will reflect the length of the lesson and wherever possible, reflect the normal curriculum objectives. Learning activities may however differ from those in a classroom setting.
Homework during remote learning will complement the lesson, just as with normal school.
It is the student’s responsibility to complete the work or communicate to their teacher reasons for it not being completed. Teachers will ensure that by the end of the day, all student queries have been dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Should you have any technical difficulties in accessing Google Classroom or any of the online applications being used, your class teacher will be available online or he/she will be able to escalate your query to our IT Managers for support. If there are any updates to these arrangements, we will advise you immediately. We ask for your support at this time as we all try and work together through these exceptional circumstances.